Hydro Clay Pebbles Growing Medium
The Hydro Clay Pebbles are burned in kilns where the clay is expanding into small 'Pebbles'. The firing process removes all excess organic material. These grow pebbles consist of thousands of tiny air cells with a hard shell of baked clay. This provides additional oxygen to the root system enabling the plants to thrive.
- Pebbles pourous structure provides excellent aeration and acts as a water reservoir
- Records high and low points for both termperature and humidity
- Made of 100% natural clay. Pebbles are uniform, round shape, inert, pH-neutral, and decorative.
- 8mm-16mm pebble size range
- Used in soil, hydroponics, and aquaponics
- Clay Growing Pebbles are used in the bottom of pots and containers providing a natural moisture balance and helps prevent over-watering too. These Grow Pebbles are commonly used in hydroponic, aquaponic, and soil applications.
- When using soil, mix at a ratio of 1:3. Providing a good blend with enough space to have natural root development. You can also use the same 1:3 ratio when mixing coco coir in a hydroponic drip system application. Recommend rinsing pebbles off prior to using.
- Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate (LECA)
- Primary characteristics
- Density: 300-385 kg / m³
- Chloride content: max 0.02%
- Acid-soluble sulfate: max 0.5%
- Total sulfur content: max 0.32%